Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Reasons Why Jesse Gil Will Remain Perpetually Single : Reason 9

Reason 9:
LAZY-ASS

No one can probably beat me to being the laziest person alive. Okay, that may be an exaggeration but I really am super lazy. I can’t count the times that my mother and father scolded me for not doing any kind of chores.
I know what you’re going to say. “Why don’t you do your chores then?” Let me see...I actually do! They just don’t see it when I do it. They never acknowledged those times I actually do my chores.
I remember my father telling me that no guy would want me as a wife since I have issues with chores. I knew that I have always told myself, that I don’t see myself settling with a man and building a family with him. It’s one thing to say you don’t want it, it’s another to be told you won’t have it.
It may seem petty but I felt bad after my dad told me that. I cried myself to sleep. Embarrassing enough, I cried while I was waiting for my first class to begin.
Oliver, one of my few friends and my classmate ever since we were high school, saw me. [Funny enough, we are taking the same degree program in the same university.] I told him everything that was going on. He calmed me down with a cup of mango shake and his nice words.
“You can learn how to cook, do the laundry, and all those stuff in time. Better late than never, right? Don’t mind what your dad said.” His words were stamped on my mind. Every single time I feel bad when my parents point out my laziness and ignore the moments I actually do my chores, I think of what Oliver said. It was like he pulled the words out of my mouth. I do plan on learning how to cook but not now. I just don’t feel like it right now.

       -Jesse Gil

>>>NEXT ENTRY HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something if you like this post!!! ^_^