Friday, January 6, 2012

You're My Type : Chapter 6

6: Special Attention Program



GREY:           Why are you walking with me?



KATEY:         I’m going at the same route.



GREY:           Why are you blushing like an idiot?



KATEY:      They remembered my name! Megan and the other team members! Someone even held my hand and they’re all smiling at me.



GREY:           I didn’t know you’re a lesbian.



KATEY:         You’re pestering me again! (I’M FEEL SO BLISSFUL RIGHT NOW, AND I’M NOT LETTING HIM RUIN IT) I’m turning left now so let’s part here.



GREY:           (AS I WALK AWAY FROM HIM...) Congratulations for your first offer!



I looked at him and I just can’t hide the smile drawing in my face. My first club offer!!! Oh I can’t wait to sign in! All that’s left to do is to visit their club tomorrow, and be an official member of the girl’s track and field team. I’m so happy, I can die now!



₪ ¤ ₪ ¤ ₪



GREY:           Not yet!!! You can’t join yet since I said there will be five or more club offers for you.



KATEY:         That’s too tiring! I want to sign in now!



GREY:           Stop complaining! More club offers mean a chance for you to choose a club that really fits you! And besides, didn’t Megan tell you they’re willing to wait for your answer.



KATEY:         Tsk! (IN MY HAND IS MY MOST FAVORITE, MOST EXPENSIVE PEN!) What a waste! I even brought this pen for this special moment!



GREY:           (BUT HE JUST SNATCH IT AWAY FROM ME) You can’t sign in! Get it?



KATEY:         Give that back! (WHY DOES HE LIKE STEALING THINGS AWAY FROM ME?)



GREY:           You’ll get this back after you get five or more club invitations. (THEN THE SCHOOL BELL RINGS) After class, meet me at the council office.



He’s domineering, so annoying and I can’t do something about his mad personality! And to think I didn’t brought any extra pen! Such a pain!



₪ ¤ ₪ ¤ ₪




GREY:           Stop sending out that gloomy aura in this sacred place!



KATEY:         It’s your fault I wasn’t able to write any notes from my previous subject! (good thing I can still remember the class discussions.)



DAYLE:         Who is she Grey? (A GUY WHO LOOKED FAMILIAR SAT BESIDE US) Is she allowed to be in here?



GREY:           I invited her for a special assignment.



KATEY:         (I STARED AT HIM AND…) You’re my classmate, right?



DAYLE:         Really? (IT’S NOTHING NEW THAT HE DIDN’T RECOGNIZE ME)



KATEY:         Yeah! You’re the guy sitting in the front row near the window!



GREY:     He’s Dayle Steep, the Vice-President of the Student Council. (HE INTRODUCED US TO EACH OTHER) And she is Katey Lewis, the girl I’m working with right now.



DAYLE:         Oh! The one who’s at your ‘Special Attention Program’! (THAT PROGRAM DOESN’T SOUND NICE. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT ANYWAY?) I didn’t know we are at the same class but nice to meet you here!



THE CONFERENCE WILL START IN A FEW MINUTES…



KATEY:         What is this conference all about?



GREY:           This is a forum for the TOP 100 students with other academic club members.




KATEY:         (I SWALLOWED AIR) So you mean all genius types will be here? (AND DAYLE STEEP IS A LEADER-GENIUS TYPE!)




GREY:           When the conference starts, I want you to write every single mistake that they might say. (THEN HE LENDS ME HIS PEN.)



KATEY:         Is that even possible? People here intellectually gifted!



GREY:     Just mark as many errors as you can. And remember to point your comments, okay?



The students/geniuses came in after a short while. And then one after another, representatives of each club stood in front and discussed something about the subject they are good at. Now I get what this meeting is all about, it’s like a group study!



But wait a second! A guy who introduced himself as the President of the Math Club mounted in front, and I don’t know what exactly he is talking about! He was lecturing a certain math problem, used an incorrect formula ending up with a wrong answer!



The next speaker was a regular member from Literature club. She blundered over one literary work from the 15th century, and no one really noticed she got it wrong!



One student after another, one genius after another, made an obvious mistake but no one is reacting to it! Or is it just me who knows the correct answer? I stared at Grey Sanders, then to my genius classmate Dayle Steep, but both of them were also clueless.



Then I must write everything!!! I must write every single error!



DAYLE:         Alright! So that will be the last for today’s session. We would like to call on President Grey Sanders here in front to tell us something about today’s discussion.



GREY:     Today, I invited someone else to take my place. I asked her to write something about your reports. Katey Lewis…



KATEY:         You’re kidding me! (I SAID IN A MOCK SURPRISE) Why me? You didn’t tell me…



GREY:        (BUT HE DIDN'T ALLOWED ME TO OBJECT MORE SINCE HE'S ALREADY DRAGGING ME IN FRONT OF EVERYONE) We want to hear what you wrote. (then he looked straight into my eyes and…) We need it.



It was needling, especially when I can’t do anything about it! And now I’m in front of everyone. And I’m scared! I’m so scared that I might be wrong, and that they might laugh at me.



KATEY:         Hi… I’m Katey Lewis. (I’M TREMBLING AS I LOOK AT EVERYONE’S FACES) Ummm… Today’s discussion was really good… (MY VOICE WAS SHAKY, AND THEY ALL SEEMED SO BORED.)



Then I looked at Grey Sanders. What would he do if he's in this position?



GREY:           Don’t waste time! (HE YELLED AT ME) Talk!!!



End of Chapter 6

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! hus the new guy!!!! dayle steep, i think he's hot too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahaha... genius type... a nerd...? hehe... peace kpop!

      Delete
  2. when's d next update miz aegyo? next chapter plz!

    -anew_beh

    ReplyDelete

Say something if you like this post!!! ^_^