Saturday, December 17, 2011

You're My Type : Chapter 2

2: The Luckiest Guy




MONDAY MORNING ASSEMBLY: All students gather at the school gym.




Today is Monday. And I hate Monday because that means it’s a start of another week of loneliness. All students in the school gather to listen to the announcements of the student council, the top group for the all of the leader type students.




GIRL 1:          There’s President Grey!!! Oh I love Monday because I can see him speaking in front again.




KATEY:         (SIGH. I ENVY THOSE STUDENTS! There’s no way for them to hate this day because of him!)




GREY:        Good morning students! For today’s morning assembly, my announcement is about the newest grading system that the school board wants to implement within this semester. This change will greatly affect our old school policy. We all know that being a member to any recognized school organization gives us credits as points for extra-curricular activities.


Now, it is decided that the membership to our school clubs will now BE a requirement for all the students of this school.




I can hear murmurs from everywhere. Students saying that it won’t be a problem since they’re already member of a club.




GREY:           We already checked all the students’ records, and there’s only ONE who have not been a member of any school clubs. So I will ask Miss Katey Lewis to visit us in our office. I repeat, Miss Katey Lewis, I want you in the SC office after this announcement.


That will be all students, thank you and have a nice day ahead.




Did I heard it right? That’s my name. And my name was mentioned by someone like Grey… The Student Council President Grey Sanders!



₪ ¤ ₪ ¤ ₪



Inside the SC Office, I seemed to be the only one suffering from the awkward silence. Though not feeling comfortable is normal to me, this one is different.




GREY:           So… (BUSY LOOKING AT MY SCHOOL RECORDS) …ever since you enrolled here, you’ve never been interested to any school clubs.




KATEY:         You have my records! (It’s a miracle the school didn’t lost it)




GREY:           Of course. And you are the same year as me.




KATEY:         Yeah!




GREY:           Anyway, you listened to my announcement this morning, right? As a part of the new grading system, you are now required to be a member of any school organization. Do you have any clubs in mind now?




KATEY:         Well… I want to make my own club.




GREY:           The new rule says that you have to be a member of a RECOGNIZED club within this semester.




KATEY:         Um… but I already have plans for my club. (I’M ACTUALLY THINKING OF A CLUB FOR THE UNKNOWNS ‘COZ MY HOPES ARE STILL UP THAT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME.)




GREY:           Starting a new club takes a lot of preparation. First, you have to have a not less than 10 members. Then you must find a club adviser. Third, you’ll have to fill out a form for the documentation of your vision, mission, aim, objectives, plans and actions, and an elaborated list for club cost, events and major activities.


And lastly, the processing of this so-called club of yours have to be STRICTLY examined by the school board with the student council, which requires a meeting with you, your officers and the club adviser. The months left for this semester aren’t enough for your club to be consider as a RECOGNIZE school organization.




KATEY:         Oh…  (HE TALKED SO FAST) You could have just said no.




GREY:           (HE DIDN’T ANSWER BACK. WHY IS HE SO SERIOUS?)




KATEY:         What if I can’t find a club?




GREY:           There are a lot of clubs in this school.




KATEY:         Yeah! And all of them have standards for accepting a new member, which I think I won’t be able to meet.




GREY:           Why? Have you tried applying to ALL clubs?




KATEY:         No… Haven’t think of that.




GREY:           Miss Lewis, I think I know your real problem. You’re just too afraid that you might fail in getting in the clubs.




Failure! I’m used to that already! But whenever I fail, my heart always hurt.




GREY:           (HE REFERRED TO MY RECORDS AND ONE BY ONE, HE MENTIONED ALL MY FAILURES!) You are one of my independent rivals during the last Student Council Presidential Election, right?




KATEY:         Yeah… I got one vote… from me!!!




GREY:           There’s also this incident where you bravely nominated yourself for Ms. Popular.




KATEY:         Yeah… But I actually got two votes there! I voted for myself, and I don’t know who mistakenly gave me my second vote!




GREY:           You complained a lot during the Quiz Bee Elimination because of your “broken” buzzer! But no one believed in you.




KATEY:         Let me just correct that, no one listened… and noticed that I’m a contestant.




GREY:           And you even begged after being kicked out during the try-out for girls’ basketball team.




KATEY:         You’re good at bringing back memories… bad memories!




GREY:           Yeah!!! Because all of those are just some of your failures.




KATEY:         You really don’t have to tell that to me… (I'M SO PISSED RIGHT NOW SO I STOOD UP BECAUSE THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME TO HANDLE.) Okay, I’ll try applying for other clubs. I’ll leave now. Thanks for your time, Mr. All-Four Type President…




Wait… did I just said that out loud to him? Oh no!!! Maybe I’m just imagining again! Yeah, sometimes I have this habit of speaking to myself alone!




GREY:           What did you just said?




KATEY:         I said I’m leaving… (IDIOT! SO IT WASN’T JUST MY IMAGINATION!)




GREY:           Sit down!




KATEY:         (HIS VOICE RAISED SO I FOLLOWED HIM QUICKLY AND WENT BACK TO MY SEAT.) I’m sorry I didn’t mean it. Well you don’t have to be so mad about it! What I said was actually a compliment!




GREY:           An All-Four what?




KATEY:         ALL-FOUR TYPE! That’s you. Ever heard of that?



End of Chapter 2

1 comment:

Say something if you like this post!!! ^_^